Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Charge Description Master (CDM), or chargemaster, is a comprehensive listing of items that could be billed to a patient, payer or healthcare provider.
Effective July 1, 2004, the State of California established the Payer's Bill of Rights, which requires that each hospital:
- Make a copy of its CDM available to the public
- Have available by request a list of the 20 most common procedures or services and five room and bed rates
In compliance with California law, a hardcopy of Cedars-Sinai's chargemaster is available to the public for viewing Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (excluding holidays) by visiting:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
6500 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Hospital Chargemaster and Charges for 25 Common Outpatient Procedures
To review Cedars-Sinai’s Hospital Chargemaster and to review Charges for 25 Common Outpatient Procedures via the Internet, please click on the following link:
http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/Chargemaster/default.aspx. The link will take you to California’s Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) website. A new window will open.
Please take the following actions:
1. In the field titled "Full or partial hospital name," click in the field, enter Cedars-Sinai and click on the "Search" button.
2. The window will expand at the bottom to reveal files in ascending calendar year order.
3. For example, to review Cedars-Sinai's "2014 Chargemaster," click on the link with the following name:
2014 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 106190555 106190555_CDM2014.xslx
4. To review Cedars-Sinai’s “2014 Common Outpatient Procedures,” click on the link with the following name:
2014 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 106190555 106190555_Common25_02014.xslx
5. Other related documents submitted by Cedars-Sinai can be accessed.