Med Volunteer Program
This unique program is designed to provide pre-med collegiate students, with junior class standing or higher, an opportunity to experience the career of a physician/surgeon. This highly competitive program matches a student with a mentoring physician to allow for a true shadowing opportunity. Selected participants may have an opportunity to attend grand rounds and lectures as well as to observe within a clinical setting.
Note: Participation in this program is on a voluntary basis/without pay and is only offered at the start of the Academic year.
Academic 2013-2014 Program Requirements:
- Collegiate junior or higher
- Aspirations to enter Medical School and/or pre-med major
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Provide academic letter of recommendation
- Availability to volunteer a minimum of one morning a week, Monday-Friday only
- Submit weekly e-journals documenting experience
- Applicants must be able to commit to the program for a full academic year
- Must be able to attend a mandatory orientation Conclusion of the program will require presentation to mentors and peers to share what was learned during your Med Volunteer experience
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for the Academic 2013-2014, bookmark this page and come back and visit during the month of July 2013 when the application will be made available once again.
Thank you for your interest in the Med Volunteer Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.