Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Teen Volunteer Program
This unique program is created for teens between 14 to 18 years of age:
- who are looking for community service
- who are searching for ways to help others and their community
- who are looking for an opportunity to get exposed to various medical careers
The Teen Volunteer Program asks that students commit to volunteering for a minimum of one year. Teen volunteers are scheduled on the same day/same shift for the entire session and are required to volunteer 4 hours each shift during the summer and 2 hours each shift during the academic session. Teens can volunteer for the summer, academic, or both sessions.
For a sneak peak at our commitments and to see if the program is right for you, check out our Teen Program 2014-2015 Flyer
Teen Volunteers perform clinical or clerical duties:
- A clinical volunteer helps in a patient care setting by interacting with patients, assisting in the nursing station, and delivering flowers and magazines
- A clerical volunteer helps with general office duties in various departments in the hospital, including answering phones, computer work, filing, and working on various projects
- Teen volunteers do not perform or observe medical or patient care procedures of any kind
Teen Volunteer Program 2014-2015: The Program has Reached Full Capacity
Our 2014-2015 Teen Volunteer Program has reached full capacity, applications for the 2015-2016 summer and academic session will be made available in February 2015. Please bookmark this site and place a reminder in your calendar.
If you are interested in volunteering in our summer session, please look for our Summer 2014 Reply Form in your email inbox during the month of March. You do not need to fill out a new application.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
If you have any questions, please email us at: TeenVolunteerProgram@cshs.org or call one of our Teen Volunteer Coordinators at (310) 423-8044.