Teen Volunteer Program - New Volunteer Information
2013-2014 Teen Volunteer Program: The Program Has Reached Full Capacity*
*We are no longer accepting applications for the 2013-2014 Teen Volunteer Program. Applications for the 2014-2015 volunteer session will be made available online during the month of February 2014.
Cedars-Sinai's Teen Volunteer Program will encourage teens to commit to one full year of volunteering. Teens will apply once a year to participate as a teen volunteer and will begin volunteering at the Medical Center as early as June.
The program will consist of two sessions, summer and academic, but teens will only need to apply once during the month of February. Volunteer Services will coordinate schedules with the teens for both their four-hour shift once a week during the summer and two-hour shift once a week during the academic session. With one application and one interview, teens are set for an entire year of volunteering. The Teen Volunteer Program is on a first-come, first-serve basis and it reaches full capacity very quickly.
When is our next Teen Volunteer session?
We will be accepting applications for our next session in February 2014. Please bookmark this page and place a reminder on your calendar. The Teen Volunteer Program is on a first-come, first-serve basis and it reaches full capacity very quickly.
REMINDER: Don't forget to bookmark our page and we hope to see you in 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact our Teen Coordinators by phone at (310) 423-8044 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Teen Volunteer Program in 2014.
Requirements that you must meet to participate in our Teen Program:
- Must be 14-18 years of age participate
- Summer Session - must be 14 years of age by June
- Academic Session - must be 14 years of age by October
Your Shift Commitment:
- 4 hours once per week during the summer session (June - August)
- 2 hours once per week during the academic session (October - April)
Your Commitment to the Teen Volunteer Program:
- Complete the online application (available here February 2014)
- Additional paperwork (to be emailed after review of your online application)
- Interview (will be contacted to schedule after acceptance of complete application)
- Complete necessary health requirements (information provided at interview)
- Attend TWO mandatory orientations (dates provided during interview)
- Receive badge and purchase uniform jacket ($25) prior to your first day
Please contact our Teen Volunteer Coordinators if you have any questions.
Phone: (310) 423-8044
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
*Adobe® Reader® to view and print this document from your desktop. If you do not have this software, you can download it FREE from Adobe's website.