Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Teen Volunteer Program - New Volunteer Information
New Volunteer Information
Upcoming Teen Volunteer Session: 2014-2015 Teen Volunteer Program has Reached Full Capacity
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Teen Volunteer Program. Applications for the 2015-2016 volunteer session will be made available online during the month of February 2015.
Cedars-Sinai's Teen Volunteer Program encourages teens to commit to one full year of volunteering. Teens apply once a year online and volunteer at the Medical Center beginning in June 2014 for the summer rotation.
The program consists of two sessions, summer and academic, but only one application is required. Teen volunteers are scheduled on the same day/same shift for the entire session and are required to volunteer 4 hours each shift during the summer and 2 hours each shift during the academic session. Teens can volunteer in the summer, academic, or both sessions.
Important: Our main form of communication with our volunteers is via email, so please actively check your email inbox.
Teen Program Requirements:
- 14-18 years old
- Summer Session - must be 14 years of age by June
- Academic Session - must be 14 years of age by October
- 4 hours once per week during the summer session (June - August); Minimum of 40 hours
- 2 hours once per week during the academic session (October - April); Minimum of 40 hours
- Only three absences allowed
- We require you to complete one entire session listed above for you to receive documentation from the hospital of your hours. If you miss more than three consecutive shifts, you risk being dropped from the volunteer program.
- Complete the online application (available February 1, 2014)
- Additional paperwork packet (emailed after review of your online application)
- Interview (schedule online after acceptance of application and completed packet)
- Complete necessary health requirements (more information provided at interview)
- Required vaccinations: MMR, Tuberculosis (TB), Tdap, Chicken Pox (show proof of vaccinations)
- Receive the yearly flu vaccination (or show proof of receipt) before December 15, 2014
- Attend TWO mandatory orientations (dates provided during interview)
- Receive badge and purchase uniform jacket ($25) prior to your first day
The volunteer screening process is rigorous and we screen all of our volunteers carefully. The process is ongoing so that we can ensure that our Teen Volunteer Program benefits the patients and families of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Teen Volunteer Program in 2014.
Please contact our Teen Volunteer Coordinators if you have any questions.
Phone: (310) 423-8044
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, CLOSED Saturday and Sunday