Alberto Marchevsky, MD
Director, Pulmonary and Mediastinal Pathology
Pulmonary & Mediastinal Pathology
Email Address: Alberto.Marchevsky@cshs.org
Education and Training
- Medico Cuyo University Medical School, Mendoza-Argentina; MD
- Internship in Pathology, The Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency in Pathology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Fellowship in Pathology Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fellowship in Pulmonary Pathology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinico-Pathologic Research
- Experimental Pathology
- Image Analysis
- Pathology Informatics
- Evidence Based Pathology
Awards and Activities
- Past-President, Los Angeles Society of Pathologists
- Chairman, College of American Pathologists Pulmonary Pathology AP3 Committee
- Member, Structure Committee, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Chairman, Small Biopsy Task Force, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Walts AE, Ines D, Marchevsky AM. Limited role of Ki-67 proliferative index in predicting overall short-term survival in patients with typical and atypical pulmonary carcinoid tumors. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:1258-64.
- Walts AE, Marchevsky AM. Low cost-effectiveness of CD3/CD20 immunostains for initial triage of lymphoid-rich effusions: an evidence-based review of the utility of these stains in selecting cases for full hematopathologic workup. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40:565-9.
- Walts AE, Bose S, Fan X, Frishberg D, Scharre K, de Peralta-Venturina M, Zhai J, Marchevsky AM. A simplified Bethesda System for reporting thyroid cytopathology using only four categories improves intra- and inter-observer diagnostic agreement and provides non-overlapping estimates of malignancy risks. Diagn Cytopathol 2012;40 Suppl 1:E62-8.
- Wick MR, Swanson P, Marchevsky AM. Prognostication and Prediction in Anatomic Pathology: Carcinoma of the breast as an illustrative model, in Evidence Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Marchevsky AM, Wick MR eds. Springer, New York, 2011.
- Wick MR, Marchevsky AM. Evidence-based principles in pathology: existing problem areas and the development of "quality" practice patterns. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011;135:1398-404.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Alberto Marchevsky, MD.