Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Ann E. Walts, MD
Education and Training
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA; MD
- University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Microbiology, MS
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Gynecologic pathology
- Thyroid pathology
- Preneoplastic lesions
Awards and Activities
- Member, Diagnostic Cytopathology Editorial Board
- Mentored resident recipients of Warren Lang, MD Resident Physician Award, American Society of Cytopathology and Malaniak Award for Excellence in Postdoctoral Research, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Member, Women’s Cancer Group, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Member, Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Loghavi S, Walts AE, Bose S. CINtec® plus dual immunostain: A triage tool for cervical pap smears with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance and low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012 Jul 26. Epub ahead of print
- Walts AE, Marchevsky AM. Low cost-effectiveness of CD3/CD20 immunostains for initial triage of lymphoid-rich effusions: an evidence-based review of the utility of these stains in selecting cases for full hematopathologic workup. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40:565-9.
- Walts AE, Delma I, Marchevsky AM. Limited role of Ki-67 proliferative index in predicting overall short term survival in patients with pulmonary carcinoid tumors. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:1258-64.
- Bose S, Walts AE. Thyroid fine needle aspirate: a post-Bethesda update. Adv Anat Pathol. 2012;19:160-9.
- ElMasri WM, Walts AE, Chiang A, Walsh CS. Predictors of invasive adenocarcinoma after conization for cervical adenocarcinoma in situ. Gynecol Oncol.2012;125:589-93.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Ann Walts, MD.