Arthur Cohen, MD
Professor of Pathology and Medicine
Co-Director, Renal Pathology
Medical Director, Electron Microscopy
Education and Training
- State University of New York, Buffalo, NY; MD
- Internship in Medicine, SUNY Buffalo hospitals, Buffalo, NY
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York and Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Renal Pathology particularly glomerular, tubulo-interstitial and vascular diseases
- Renal transplant pathology
- Electron microscopy of inherited metabolic diseases
Awards and Activities
- Founding member, Renal Pathology Society
- Past-President, Renal Pathology Society
- Recipient, Jacob Churg Award, Renal Pathology Society
- Member, Pathology Committee and Russia and CIS Committee, International Society of Nephrology
- Educational Ambassador, International Society of Nephrology
- Cohen AH. Collagen type III glomerulopathies. Adv Chronic Kid Dis 2012;19:101-106.
- Chang A, Gibson IW, Cohen AH, Weening JJ, Jennette JC, Fogo AB. A Position Paper on Standardizing the Nonneoplastic Kidney Biopsy Report. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012;7:1365-1368.
- Lewis MI, Fournier M, Wang H, Storer TW, Casaburi R, Cohen AH, Kopple JD. Metabolic and morphometric profile of muscle fibers in chronic hemodialysis patients. J Appl Physiol 2012;112:72-8.
- Tervaert TW, Mooyaart AL, Amann K, Cohen AH, Cook HT, et al. Pathologic classification of diabetic nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol 2010;21:556-563.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Arthur H. Cohen, MD.