Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
David Frishberg, MD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Vice Chair, Anatomic Pathology
Education and Training
- George Washington University, Washington, DC; MD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Letterman Army Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Resident in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Fellowship in Dermatopathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Dermatopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Pathology
- Thyroid Pathology
- Aspiration Cytology
Awards and Activities
- Lead author, College of American Pathologists cutaneous malignancy checklists
- Member, CAP Cancer Committee, American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC)
- Lead editor, CAP Surgical Pathology Performance Improvement Program
- Past-president, Los Angeles Society of Pathologists
- Vice-chair, CAP Surgical Pathology Committee
- O’Rourke EA, Balzer B, Barry CI, Frishberg D. Nevic mitoses: a review of 1041 cases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2013;35:30-3.
- Scolyer R, Judge M, Evans A, Frishberg D, Prieto V, Thompson J, Trotter M, Walsh M, Walsh N, Ellis D. Data set for pathology reporting of cutaneous invasive melanoma: recommendations from the international collaboration of cancer reporting (ICCR). Am J Surg Pathol. 2013 (In press).
- Fan L, Levy M, Aguilar CE, Mertens RB, Dhall D, Frishberg DP, Wang HL. Lymph node retrieval from colorectal resection specimens for adenocarcinoma: is it worth the extra effort to find at least 12 nodes? Colorectal Dis. 2011 Dec;13(12):1377-83.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by David P. Frishberg, MD.