David Frishberg, MD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Vice Chair, Anatomic Pathology
Education and Training
- George Washington University, Washington, DC; MD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Letterman Army Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Resident in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Fellowship in Dermatopathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Dermatopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Surgical Pathology
- Thyroid Pathology
- Aspiration Cytology
Awards and Activities
- Lead author, College of American Pathologists cutaneous malignancy checklists
- Member, CAP Cancer Committee, American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC)
- Lead editor, CAP Surgical Pathology Performance Improvement Program
- Past-president, Los Angeles Society of Pathologists
- Vice-chair, CAP Surgical Pathology Committee
- Fan L, Levy M, Aguilar CE, Mertens RB, Dhall D, Frishberg DP, Wang HL. Lymph node retrieval from colorectal resection specimens for adenocarcinoma: is it worth the extra effort to find at least 12 nodes? Colorectal Dis 2011 Dec;13(12):1377-83.
- Rao P, Balzer BL, Lemos BD, Liegeois NJ, McNiff JM, Nghiem P, Prieto VG, Smith MT, Smoller BR, Wick MR, Frishberg DP. Protocol for the examination of specimens from patients with Merkel cell carcinoma of the skin. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010 Mar;134(3):341-4.
- Frishberg DP, Balch C, Balzer BL, Crowson, AN, Didolkar M, McNiff, JM, Perry, RR, Prieto, VG, Rao P, Smith MT, Smoller BR, Wick MR. Protocol for the examination of specimens from patients with melanoma of the skin. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2009; 133 (10): 1560-1567.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by David P. Frishberg, MD.