Denise Barbuto, MD, PhD
Director, Gynecologic Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Thyroid Pathology
Education and Training
- University of Connecticut, School of Medicine, Farmington, CT; MD
- University of California, San Francisco, CA; PhD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Gynecologic Neoplasms
- Diaz De Vivar A, Roma AA, Park KJ, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Rasty G, Chanona-Vilchis JG, Mikami Y, Hong SR, Arville B, Teramoto N, Ali-Fehmi R, Rutgers JK, Tabassum F, Barbuto D, Aguilera-Barrantes I, Shaye-Brown A, Daya D, Silva EG. Invasive Endocervical Adenocarcinoma: Proposal for a New Pattern-based Classification System With Significant Clinical Implications: A Multi-institutional Study. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2013 Sep 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Euscher E, Fox P, Bassett R, Al-Ghawi H, Ali-Fehmi R, Barbuto D, Djordjevic B, Frauenhoffer E, Kim I, Hong SR, Montiel D, Moschiano E, Roma A, Silva E, Malpica A. The Pattern of Myometrial Invasion as a Predictor of Lymph Node Metastasis or Extrauterine Disease in Low-grade Endometrial Carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013 Sep 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wong AK, Seidman JD, Barbuto DA, McPhaul LW, Silva EG: Mucinous metaplasia of the fallopian tube: a diagnostic pitfall mimicking metastasis. Int J Gynecol Pathol 2011; 30: 36-40.
- Li AJ, Giuntoli RL, Drake R, Byun SY, Rojas F, Barbuto D, Klipfel N, Edmonds P, Miller DS, Karlan BY: Ovarian preservation in stage I low-grade endometrial stromal sarcomas. Obstet Gynecol 2005: 106: 1304-1308.
- Cass IC, Holschneider C, Datta N, Barbuto D, Walts AW, Karlan BY: BRCA-mutation associated fallopian tube carcinoma, a distinct clinical phenotype? Obstet Gynecol 2005: 106: 1327-1334.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Denise Barbuto, MD, PhD.