Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Elizabeth Spiteri, PhD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Associate Scientific Director, Cytogenetics
Associate Scientific Director, Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
Education and Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY; PhD
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Cytogenetics, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, American Board of Medical Genetics in Cytogenetics
- Board Certified, American Board of Medical Genetics in Molecular Genetics
Clinical and Research Interests
- Genomic rearrangements in ovarian cancer
- EV11 rearrangements in CML
Awards and Activities
- Honorable mention, Howard Hughes Fellowship
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Paquette RL, Nicoll J, Chalukya M, Elashoff D, Shah NP, Sawyers C, Spiteri E, Nanjangud G, Rao PN. Frequent EVI1 translocations in myeloid blast crisis CML that evolves through tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Cancer Genet. 2011;204:392-7.
- Vernes SC, Oliver PL, Spiteri E, Lockstone HE, Puliyadi R, Taylor JM, Ho J, Mombereau C, Brewer A, Lowy E, Nicod J, Groszer M, Baban D, Sahgal N, Cazier JB, Ragoussis J, Davies KE, Geschwind DH, Fisher SE. Foxp2 regulates gene networks implicated in neurite outgrowth in the developing brain. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002145.
- Miller JE, Spiteri E, Condro MC, Dosumu-Johnson RT, Geschwind DH, White SA. Birdsong decreases protein levels of FoxP2, a molecule required for human speech. J Neurophysiol. 2008 Oct;100(4):2015-25.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Elizabeth Spiteri, PhD.