Elvio Silva, MD
Senior Gynecologic Pathologist
Education and Training
- University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina; MD
- Residency in Pathology, University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship in Pathology, MD Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, Houston, TX
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Multi Institutional Studies, Mass Spectometry in Breast and Gynecologic Tumors
Awards and Activities
- Harlan J. Spjut Award, Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists
- “Best Academic Pathologist in Houston”
- Vernie Stembridge M D Lectureship, Keynote address, Texas Society of Pathology, Fort Worth, TX
- Ambassador, US and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Arthur Purdy Society Keynote Address, USCAP, San Antonio, TX
- Vice President/President Elect, International Society of Gynecological Pathologists
- Hinson SA, Silva EG, Pinto K. Ovarian serous cystadenofibromas associated with a low-grade serous carcinoma of the peritoneum. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012. Epub ahead of print.
- Sneige N, Thomison JB, Malpica A, Gong Y, Ensor J, Silva EG. Peritoneal washing cytologic analysis of ovarian serous tumors of low malignant potential to detect peritoneal implants and predict clinical outcome. Cancer Cytopathol. 2012;120:238-44.
- Silva EG, Matias-Guiu X. Clonality in gynecologic neoplasms: is it time to reevaluate clonality studies in gynecologic neoplasms? Is it possible to confirm multicentricity with clonality studies? Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012;16:312-4.
- Kitahara S, Chan RC, Nichols WS, Silva EG. Deceiving high-grade cervical dysplasias identified as human papillomavirus non-16 and non-18 types by Invader human papillomavirus assays. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012;16:100-6.
- Malpica A, Sant'Ambrogio S, Deavers MT, Silva EG. Well-differentiated papillary mesothelioma of the female peritoneum: a clinicopathologic study of 26 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012;36:117-27.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Elvio Silva, MD.