Kenneth E. Bernstein, MD
Professor of Pathology
Director, Experimental Pathology
Education and Training
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY; MD.
- Residency in Department of Pathology, Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY and National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD,
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Blood Pressure Control
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
Awards and Activities
- Fellow of the Council for High Blood Pressure Research
- NIH MERIT award 1997-2007
- Co-recipient of the AHA 2005 Novartis Prize for Hypertension Research
- Recipient of 2007 Basic Research Prize of the American Heart Association
- Member of the Association of American Physicians
- Bernstein KE, Ong FS, Blackwell W-LB, Shah KH, Giani JF, Gonzalez-Villalobos RA, Shen XZ, Fuchs S. A modern understanding of the traditional and non-traditional biological functions of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Pharmacol. Rev., 2013;65:1-46.
- Gonzalez-Villalobos RA, Janjoulia T, Fletcher NK, Giani JF, Nguyen MTX, Riquier-Brison AD, Seth DM, Fuchs S, Eladari D, Picard N, Bachmann S, Delpire E, Peti J, Navar LG, Bernstein KE, McDonough AA. The absence of intrarenal ACE protects against hypertension. J. Clin. Invest., 2013;123:2011-23.
- Ong FS, Das K, Wang J, Vikil H, Kuo JZ, Blackwell W-LB, Lim SW, Goodarzi MO, Bernstein KE, Rotter JI, Grody WW. Personalized medicine and pharmacogenetic biomarkers: progress in molecular oncology testing. Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 2012;122:593-602.
- Ong FS, Vakil H, Xue Y, Kuo JZ, Shah KH, Lee RB, Bernstein KE, Rimoin DL, Getzug T, Das K, Deignan JL, Rotter JI, Grody WW. The M694V Mutation in Armenian-Americans: A Ten-Year Retrospective Study of MEFV Mutation Testing for Familial Mediterranean Fever at UCLA. Clin Genet. 2012;84:55-59.
- Gonzalez-Villalobos RA, Shen XZ, Bernstein EA, Janjulia T, Taylor B, Giani JF, Blackwell W-LB, Shah KH, Taylor BL, Shi PD, Fuchs S, Bernstein KE. Rediscovering ACE: Novel insights into the many roles of the angiotensin-converting enzyme. J. Mol. Medicine (In press).
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Kenneth E. Bernstein, MD.