Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Maha Guindi, MD
Director, Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology
Director, Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology Fellowship
Medical Director, Digital and Telepathology
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Liver Pathology
Education and Training
- University of Cairo, MBBCH
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Ottawa Hospital - University of Ottawa, Canada
- Fellowship in Liver Pathology, Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Pathology, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology American Board of Pathology
- Board Certified, Anatomical Pathology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Canada)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Hepatobiliary neoplasia
- Liver fibrosis and autoimmune liver disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Esophageal carcinoma, pathology related to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Awards and Activities
- Former Director, Pathology Residency and GI-Liver Pathology Fellowship, University Health Network teaching hospital, Toronto, Canada
- Ambassador of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Recipient of the Wighman-Berris Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, University of Toronto, and the University of Ottawa Award for Outstanding Contribution in Medical Education
- Member, Abstract Review Board , United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Arendt BM, Ma DW, Simons B, Noureldin SA, Therapondos G, Guindi M, et al. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is associated with lower hepatic and erythrocyte ratios of phosphatidylcholine to phosphatidylethanolamine. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2013;38:334-40.
- Ko MA, Zehong G, Virtanen C, Guindi M, Waddell TK, Keshavjee S, et al. MicroRNA expression profiling of esophageal cancer before and after induction chemoradiotherapy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012;94:1094-102; discussion 102-3.
- Nanji S, Cleary S, Ryan P, Guindi M, Selvarajah S, Grieg P, et al. Up-front Hepatic Resection for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Results in Favorable Long-term Survival. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20:295-304.
- Voncken FE, Jiang H, Kim J, Guindi M, Brierley J, Knox J, et al. Degree of tumor shrinkage following neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy: a potential predictor for complete pathological response in esophageal cancer? Dis Esophagus. 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Maha Guindi, MD.