Mariza de Peralta Venturina, MD
Education and Training
- University of the Philippines College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines; MD
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of the Philippines - Philippine General Hospital, Manila
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Texas, Medical Branch in Galveston and Health Science Center in Houston, TX
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Surgical Pathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Cytopathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Hematopathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Cytopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Renal and urinary cytology
- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry in cytopathology and surgical pathology
Awards and Activities
- Participant in clinical trials of prostate cancer prevention and treatment
- Authored book chapters on urinary and renal cytopathology
- Aladily TN, Medeiros LJ, Amin MB, Haideri N, Ye D, Azevedo SJ, Jorgensen JL, de Peralta-Venturina M,et al. Anaplastic large cell lymphoma associated with breast implants: a report of 13 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012;36:1000-8.
- Walts AE, Bose S, Fan X, Frishberg D, Scharre K, de Peralta-Venturina M, Zhai J, Marchevsky AM. A simplified Bethesda System for reporting thyroid cytopathology using only four categories improves intra- and inter-observer diagnostic agreement and provides non-overlapping estimates of malignancy risks. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40 Suppl 1:E62-8.
- Bhagavathi S, Sharathkumar A, Hunter S, Sung L, Kanhere R, Venturina MD, Wilson JD. Activated B-cell immunophenotype might be associated with poor prognosis of primary central nervous system lymphomas. Clin Neuropathol. 2008;27:13-20.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Mariza de Peralta-Venturina, MD.