Raju Pillai, MD
Director, Medical Bioinformatics
Associate Medical Director, Immunohistochemistry
- Molecular Pathology
Education and Training
- Calicut Medical College, India; MBBS
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship in Hematopathology, U of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship in Molecular Genetic Pathology, U of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Molecular Genetic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Molecular pathogenesis of lymphomas
- Application of next generation technologies in diagnosis and prognosis
- Rollins-Raval M, Pillai R, Warita K, Mitsuhashi-Warita T, Mehta R, Boyiadzis M, Djokic M, Kant J, Roth C. CD123 immunohistochemical expression in acute myeloid leukemia is associated with underlying FLT3-ITD and NPM1 Mutations. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2013 May;21:212-7.
- Pillai R, Sathanoori M, VanOss SB, Swedlow SH (2012). Double-hit B-cell lymphomas with BCL6 and MYC translocations are aggressive, frequently extranodal lymphomas distinct from BCL2 double-hit B-cell lymphomas." Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:323-32.
- Pillai R, Surti U, Swerdlow SH. Follicular lymphoma-like B-cells of uncertain significance (in situ follicular lymphoma) may infrequently progress, but precedes follicular lymphoma, is associated with other overt lymphomas and mimics follicular lymphoma in flow cytometric studies. Haematologica. 2013 Jul 5. [Epub ahead of print].
- Pillai RK, Sathanoori M, Van Oss SB, Swerdlow SH. Double-hit B-cell Lymphomas with BCL6 and MYC Translocations are Aggressive Frequently Extranodal Lymphomas Distinct from BCL2 Double-hit B-cell Lymphomas. Am J Surg Pathol, 2012. Epub ahead of print.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Raju K. Pillai, MD.