Raju Pillai, MD
Director, Medical Bioinformatics
Associate Medical Director, Immunohistochemistry
Education and Training
- Calicut Medical College, India; MBBS
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship in Hematopathology, U of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship in Molecular Genetic Pathology, U of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Molecular Genetic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Molecular pathogenesis of lymphomas
- Application of next generation technologies in diagnosis and prognosis
- Pillai RK, Sathanoori M, Van Oss SB, Swerdlow SH. Double-hit B-cell Lymphomas with BCL6 and MYC Translocations are Aggressive Frequently Extranodal Lymphomas Distinct from BCL2 Double-hit B-cell Lymphomas. Am J Surg Pathol, 2012. Epub ahead of print.
- Oleg E. Akilov, Raju K. Pillai, Lisa M. Grandinetti, Jeffrey A. Kant, Larisa Geskin. Clonal T‐cell receptor γ‐chain gene rearrangements in differential diagnostics of lymphomatoid papulosis from skin metastasis of nodal anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Arch Dermatol. 2011; 147:943‐947.
- Pillai RK, Kant JA. Evaluation of DNA sequence variants of unknown significance. In Molecular Pathology in Practice: A Case Based Approach, Ed. Iris Schrijver, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- Sharma KG, Radha R, Pao A, Amet N, Baden L, Jordan SC, Toyoda M. Mycophenolic acid and intravenous immunoglobulin exert an additive effect on cell proliferation and apoptosis in the mixed lymphocyte reaction. Transpl Immunol. 2010;23:117‐20.
- Laxmidevi LB, Angadi PV, Pillai RK, Chandreshekar C. Aberrant β-catenin expression in the histologic differentiation of oral squamous cell carcinoma and verrucous carcinoma: an immunohistochemical study. J Oral Sci. 2010;52:633-40.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Raju K. Pillai, MD.