Shefali Chopra, MD
- Gastrointesinal Pathology
- Gastrointesinal and Liver Pathology
- Soft Tissue Pathology
Education and Training
- King George Medical College, Lucknow, India MD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA
- Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Pathology, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA
- Fellowship in Soft tissue Pathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified in Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified in Cytopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- EUS guided FNAs of the pancreas and liver
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- Chopra S, Wu ML. Comprehensive evaluation of colorectal polyps in specimens from endoscopic biopsies. Adv Anat Pathol. 2011 Jan; 18(1):46-52.
- Chopra, S Frank S, Gu M. The cytologic diagnosis of Chordoma in a peritoneal effusion: Case Report and review of literature. Acta Cytol. 2010 May-Jun;54(3):341-4.
- Chopra S, Wu ML, Imagawa DK, Lee J, Gu M., Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of undifferentiated carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells of the pancreas: A report of 2 cases with literature review. Diagn Cytopathol. 2007; 35(9):601-6.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Shefali Chopra, MD.