Shikha Bose, MD
Professor of Pathology
Education and Training
- King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India; MD
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Lakenau Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, Lakenau Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship in Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology and Surgical Pathology, New York University Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship in Breast Pathology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Cytopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Cancerous and precancerous lesions of the breast and cervix
- NIH sponsored studies in breast and cytopathology
Awards and Activities
- Mentored finalists and recipients of the Paul Rubenstein, M.D. Prize for Excellence in Resident Research
- Mentored recipients of the Nathan Friedman, M.D. Prize for Excellence in Resident Research
- Mentored resident recipient of the Warren Lang, M.D. Resident Physician Award for best poster presentation given by the American Society of Cytopathology
- American Society of Cytopathology webinar speaker
- Shafi H, Astvatsaturyan K, Chung F, Mirocha J, Schmidt M, Bose S. Clinicopathologic Significance of Her2/neu Genetic Heterogeneity In HER2/neu Non-amplified Invasive Breast Carcinomas and its Concurrent Axillary Metastasis. J Clin Pathol. 2013 Aug;66(8):649-54. doi: 10.1136/jclinpath-2012-201403. Epub 2013 Mar 28.
- Walts AE, Mirocha J, Bose S. FLUS (Follicular Lesion of Undetermined Significance) Revisited. Diagn Cytopathol. In press 2013.
- Loghavi S, Walts AE, Bose S. CINtec® plus dual immunostain: A triage tool for cervical pap smears with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance and low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012 Jul 26. doi: 10.1002/dc.22900.
- Bose S, Walts AE. Thyroid fine needle aspirate: a post-Bethesda update. Adv Anat Pathol. 2012;19(3):160-9.
- Gertych A, Joseph AO, Walts A, Bose S. Automated detection of dual p16/Ki67 nuclear immunoreactivity in liquid-based Pap tests for improved cervical cancer risk stratification. Ann Biomed Eng. 2012;40(5):1192-204.
- Rubinek T, Shulman M, Israeli S, Bose S, Avraham A, Sandelovitch A, Evron E, Nili- Gal-Yam E, Kaufman B, Wolf I. Epigenetic silencing of the tumor suppressor Klotho in human breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;133(2):649-57.
- Abramovitz L, Rubinek T, Ligumsky H, Bose S, Barshack I, Avivi C, Kaufman B and Wolf I. KL1 internal repeat mediates klotho tumor suppressor activities and inhibits bFGF and IGF-1 signaling in pancreatic cancer. Clin Can Res 2011;17(13):4254-66.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Shikha Bose, MD.