Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Shikha Bose, MD
Professor of Pathology
- Breast Pathology
Education and Training
- King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India; MD
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Lakenau Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, Lakenau Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship in Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology and Surgical Pathology, New York University Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship in Breast Pathology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Cytopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Cancerous and precancerous lesions of the breast and cervix
- NIH sponsored studies in breast and cytopathology
Awards and Activities
- Mentored finalists and recipients of the Paul Rubenstein, M.D. Prize for Excellence in Resident Research
- Mentored recipients of the Nathan Friedman, M.D. Prize for Excellence in Resident Research
- Mentored resident recipient of the Warren Lang, M.D. Resident Physician Award for best poster presentation given by the American Society of Cytopathology
- American Society of Cytopathology webinar speaker
- Wend P, Runke, SWend K, Anchondo B, Yesayan M, Jardon M, Hardie N, Loddenkemper C, Ulasov I, Lesniak MS, Wolsky R, Bentolila LA, Grant SG, Elashoof D, Lehr S, Latimer JJ, Bose S, Latimer J, Sattar H, Krum S, Miranda-Carboni G. WNT10B/β-catenin Signaling Induces HMGA2 in CD44-Positive Cells from Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:264-79.
- Loghavi S, Walts AE, Bose S. CINtec® PLUS Dual Immunostain: A triage tool for cervical Pap smears with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASC) and low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL). Diagn Cytopathol 2013;41:582-7.
- Shafi H, Astvatsaturyan K, Chung F, Mirocha J, Schmidt M, Bose S. Clinicopathologic Significance of Her2/neu Genetic Heterogeneity In HER2/neu Non-amplified Invasive Breast Carcinomas and its Concurrent Axillary Metastasis. J Clin Pathol 2013 (In press).
- Walts AE, Mirocha J, Bose S. FLUS (Follicular Lesion of Undetermined Significance) Revisited. Diagn Cytopathol July 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Shikha Bose, MD.