Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Sumire Kitahara, MD
Associate Director, Hematopathology Fellowship
Associate Medical Director, Microbiology
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Education and Training
- University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine; MD.
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- Fellowship in Hematopathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Hematopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Optimizing resident and fellow education
- Hematopathology: use of immunohistochemistry for lineage assignment in leukemias and lymphoma
- Coagulation: utilization of the combination of pretest probability assessment and laboratory assays to improve diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
Awards and Activities
- Leo G. Rigler Award for Academic Achievement, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Nathan B. Friedman Award for Resident Pathology Research, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Kitahara S, Chan RC, Nichols WS, Silva EG. Invader HPV test reveals a poorly-recognized deceiving group of cervical HSIL associated with HPV types-not-16/18. Ann Diagn Pathol 2012;16(2):100-6.
- Kling E, Kitahara S, Posligua L, Malpica A, Silva EG. The 2 stromal compartments of the normal cervix with distinct immunophenotypic and histomorphologic features. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012 [Epub ahead of print].
- Kitahara S, Walsh C, Frumovitz M, Malpica A, Silva EG. Vascular Pseudoinvasion in Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Specimens for Endometrial Carcinoma: A Grossing Artifact? Am J Surg Pathol 2009;33:298.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Sumire Kitahara, MD.