CT Neck/Brain Angiography
CT angiography ("angio") of the neck or brain is a specialized study of the arterial anatomy of the respective region.
For CT Angio of the Head:
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Carotid stenosis
Contrast is required, and a dose of 50 to 100 cc of non-ionic contrast will be given.
- Only one CT contrast study should be scheduled within a 48 hour period.
- BUN and creatinine must be done within 72 hours of the scan.
- Nothing but clear liquid after midnight before the scan.
- NPO four hours prior to exam (no food or drink).
Anesthesia is generally not required, but may be indicated depending on the patient. Anesthesia on these studies always needs to be authorized by an imaging physician.
CT Brain Angio:
CT Brain Angio - Lateral View:
CT Neck Angio - With Anatomy: