Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
A Healing Environment
Not only is the technology for the procedure leading edge, the Gamma Knife is in a space designed by one of the nation's leading "healing environment design" interior designers. The spaces is designed to sooth and relax patients to make the experience as non-stressful as possible. Cedars-Sinai is now one of the few centers to offer patients a full spectrum of therapeutic radiation modalities, including gamma knife, x-knife, IMRT and 3-D conformed radiation. As always we strive to give our patients the best treatment possible.
Personalized, Team Centered Approach
A multidisciplinary team of Cedars-Sinai specialists, including neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and physicists collaborate to optimize the patient's treatment. Each case is reviewed by the Gamma Knife Review Board to ensure an optimal treatment plan.
Dedicated oncology nurses remain with the patient from check-in to check-out. After treatment, care remains with the patient's referring physician.
A Patient-Centered Environment
Extraordinary care has been taken to create a stress-free environment. The Center offers:
- Beautifully designed rooms with soothing colors and comfortable lighting
- Private treatment preparation rooms appointed with plasma screen televisions, DVD players, computers with Internet access and windows to the outdoors
- Music CDs may be played in the treatment room during the procedure. Patients may bring their own or choose from the center's collection of relaxing music
- Comfortable seating is provided for guests in the preparation room. A cafeteria is located nearby
- For the convenience of patients who require an MRI the same day as their Gamma Knife procedure, an MRI facility is located adjacent to the Center