Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Inpatient Specialty Program (ISP) is a dedicated Hospitalist service at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. This program is specifically designed to give patients personalized attention during their hospitalization and to provide a physician presence to address patients' needs 24 hours a day.
The program has many advantages for referring physicians. ISP Hospitalists work exclusively in the hospital, routinely see patients while they are still in the Emergency Department and often times see patients more than once a day.
Referring physicians experience many benefits by partnering with ISP:
- Hospitalists become physician partners in the inpatient setting.
- A primary care physician will not be interrupted with nursing cross-cover calls during the night nor will they have to commute to the hospital for emergencies or to admit patients from the Emergency Department.
- Physicians will receive daily updates from a hospitalist regarding patients' clinical status.
- Since Hospitalists do not run an office practice, patients will return to see their primary care physician after they are discharged.
- Physician referral patterns are honored when a specialty consultation is indicated.
- Hospitalists' in-hospital presence allows timely communication with patients and families.
- Cedars-Sinai ISP Hospitalists are carefully selected for their medical expertise, compassion and excellent communication skills.
- By partnering with Hospitalists to take care of inpatients, physicians are able to focus on other activities
To refer a patient or to speak with a Hospitalist, please call (310) 423-5252.
To have a patient admitted to ISP from Cedars-Sinai's Emergency Department (ED), simply inform the ED physican to "admit to ISP."
For a personal discussion regarding this unique program, please email Dr. Bradley T. Rosen, Medical Director of the Inpatient Specialty Program (ISP) - Hospitalist Service, directly at RosenB@cshs.org.
Note: The Inpatient Specialty Program treats adult patients. For pediatric hospitalist care, please contact the Pediatric Hospitalist Program.
If you are interested in a career with Cedars-Sinai's Inpatient Specialty Program, please contact:
Bradley T. Rosen, MD, MBA
8700 Beverly Blvd., Suite B220
Los Angeles, California 90048