Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center, a division of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, is where a world-class team of imaging specialists deliver personalized care within state-of-the-art facilities. Cedars-Sinai is renowned worldwide for always striving to provide the highest quality patient care. That standard of excellence continues at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center has a staff of 38 doctors, each one a subspecialist. "All imaging physicians at this center are "subspecialized," meaning they are trained in specific imaging disciplines, such as scans of the brain or images of the cardiovascular system. When it comes to your health, it's a distinction that matters," says Barry D. Pressman, MD, FACR, chairman of the center. This breadth of expertise, plus a tradition of compassionate care, offers you the best of both worlds: medical excellence and individualized care.
What sets us apart:
- Satisfied patients: Flexible patient scheduling, a warm and supportive environment, and a friendly, customer-focused staff combine to deliver a standard of excellence to patients and referring physicians.We pay close attention to patient reviews, which you can provide after visiting the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center. Our goal is always the finest patient experience.
- For the 18th year in a row, Cedars-Sinai has won the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award for providing the highest quality medical care in the Los Angeles region based on a survey of area households.
- Subspecialized Imaging Physicians: we have specialists with extensive, fellowship training in each area of imaging, including Cardiac, CT, Breast, MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray, and Nuclear Medicine.
- On-site Emergency Department, so there is no need to call 911 and wait for an ambulance if assistance is needed.
- The center is known for pioneering research in the clinical applications of cardiac imaging, coronary calcium scanning, which provides the earliest possible detection of heart disease, and software techniques for the interpretation of cardiac scans developed by our cardiac imaging specialists are being used worldwide. A combination of state-of-the-art equipment in all cardiac imaging fields, superb technologists, and specialized cardiac imaging clinicians results in excellence in patient care.
- Known for its commitment to women's care, the center offers a multitude of breast, cardiac and gynecologic imaging modalities that address the special needs of women at every stage of life.
- The staff includes world-class interventional radiologists and neuroradiologists who perform image-guided minimally-invasive procedures to diagnose and treat conditions like cancer, coronary and vascular diseases, aneurysms, spinal compression fractures and uterine fibroid embolization.
- The center includes one of the nation's largest and most respected nuclear medicine departments with a comprehensive research program in this area. Our nuclear medicine physicians are recognized for their excellence throughout the world.
- The center uses a state-of-the-art digital and filmless picture archiving and communication system (PACS) that gives imaging physicians immediate access to previous images and studies to facilitate precise interpretations. "If a former inpatient returns as an outpatient or vice versa, generally we can immediately see all of the prior studies," Pressman says. "It's not an issue to retrieve a study for comparison." PACS enables quick and safe delivery of test results to your physician, allowing doctors at several locations to simultaneously view images and more effectively collaborate in patient care.
- The center is at the forefront of imaging innovation. We are the recipients of National Institutes of Health (NIH) research grants and foundation research grants.
- As part of Cedars-Sinai's teaching mission, the imaging department has a residency program in diagnostic radiology, and fellowships in cardiac, body, musculoskeletal (bone), nuclear and neuroradiology.
- Cedars-Sinai is Not For Profit, so it reinvests all its earnings into improving medical service, research, education and community service.
- One-stop care: as part of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the S. Mark Taper Foundation provides the full range of imaging modalities and interventional services.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.