Women's ImagingThe S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center offers unparalleled imaging and interventional services for women. At a time of increasing specialization in medicine, our board-certified, sub-specialized radiologists each have extensive training in a specific imaging specialty, including:
- Evacuation Proctogram (Defecography)
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Breast Biopsies
- Breast Needle Localization
- MR-Guided Breast Needle Localization
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Needle Localization
- Mammographic-Guided Breast Needle Localization
Minimally-Invasive Procedures and Treatments
- Breast Needle Localization
- Spinal Compression Fracture Treatment
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Vertebral Compression Fracture Management
Our specialists use the latest technology to offer a comprehensive range of breast, cardiac and gynecologic imaging studies that address the specific needs of women at every stage of life. Our fully accredited center provides individualized care for women in a patient-centered environment designed and run with one paramount goal: the finest care for our patients.For further information, click on the links below for descriptions of the most common women's imaging procedures performed at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center and our satellite facilities.
Our 40 board-certified, subspecialized imaging physicians, including radiologists, cardiologists and nuclear medicine specialists, have dedicated years of concentrated professional training to this increasingly vital area of healthcare. In addition to graduating from an accredited medical school, passing a licensing exam and completing a residency of at least four years of postgraduate medical education, our imaging physicians have also completed a fellowship—one to two additional years of training in a particular subspecialty of radiology. At the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center, your study will never be read by a generalist, always by a specialist.
Our imaging physicians work closely with your referring physician to select the right test for you and, if necessary, to develop an individualized treatment plan. All of our certified technologists, registered nurses and nurse practitioners work under the direct supervision of a highly-trained radiologist as part of an integrated team.
Latest, Most Advanced Technology
We ensure that our sub-specialized physicians have the latest tools they need to diagnose and treat patients. The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center is continually incorporating the latest technological advances in imaging. The center was one of the first to become a filmless center, with digital imaging replacing traditional films. The use of digital imaging allows authorized physicians in the Cedars-Sinai community to quickly consult images and reports from the center. We use a computerized archival system that allows physicians to collaborate more easily, eliminates the risk of lost films, and allows our radiologists to compare all of your past studies taken at Cedars-Sinai.
Early Detection Means More Effective Treatment
Our subspecialized radiologists offer a full spectrum of studies using the latest technology to detect diseases and medical conditions at their earliest stage. The sooner a condition or disease is detected, the earlier treatment can begin, which improves the chances of successfully treating or managing the condition. Our specialists offer:
- Bone density scans to detect the earliest signs of osteoporosis
- Colonography (virtual colonoscopy) to scan for polyps in the intestine, which can become cancer
- Coronary calcium scans to detect the earliest signs of coronary artery disease, which can lead to a heart attack or sudden death
- Digital mammography with Computer-Aided Detection (CAD), which is faster and uses less radiation than film mammography
Identifying Disease, Removing Doubt
Our multidisciplinary team offers the full range of diagnostic studies, including:
- Angiograms (CT and MR) to detect plaque in the arteries of the heart, an early indicator of coronary artery disease
- Breast, pelvic and abdominal ultrasounds
- Comprehensive cardiac imaging, including Cardiac MRI, Coronary CT Angiography (CCTA), Rubidium and stress tests
- Image-guided breast biopsies
- Image-guided, fine-needle aspirations to analyze masses or lumps
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) for a broad range of conditions
- Spinal compression fracture management
Minimally Invasive Treatments
Our board-certified interventional radiologists have extensive training and experience with minimally invasive procedures for treating a range of conditions affecting women. Our experts offer uterine fibroid embolization, which in many cases can preserve the uterus, as well as radiofrequency ablation, cryoablation and microwave ablation for the treatment of tumors.
A Fully Accredited Center
Having met the college’s stringent benchmarks for practice and performance, the American College of Radiology accredited the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center in mammography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center staff is trained specifically in customer service to create a caring, compassionate environment for patients. This commitment to patient care and convenience is shown in our evening and weekend appointments, valet and partially validated parking, and our friendly, customer-service oriented staff.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (310) 423-8000.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.