Periacetabular Reconstruction Prosthesis (PAR)
The latest approach to large acetabular and periacetabular lesions is a modified saddle prosthesis named the 'periacetabular reconstruction' prosthesis (PAR) by Stryker Orthopedics, New Jersey and Menendez et al.
Normal post-operative appearance. Note that "new' acetabulum is placed proximally compared to contralateral side.
- Chrome-Cobalt alloy
- Utilizes advances in design of total hip replacement
- Allows secure fixation of implant to bone with 3 screws
- Provides four times the amount of osseous support compared to Mark II design
- The ilium is sandwiched between wide plates
- The wide plates can accommodate great latitude in level of resection
- Captured polyethylene liner adds stability to loss of soft tissue during surgery
L- Shaped modular components for customization to maintain length