Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Surgeons discovered that the soft tissue ‘tension' (i.e., tendinous attachments of the psoas and the abductors) is critical for post-operative stability.3, 6
- Myodeses are performed and intraoperative testing consisting of range of motion, saddle stability and ease of dislocation is routine.
- Dysfunctional systems must be corrected at the operative time.
- The modular intermediate component allows for patient variability to maintain the soft tissue tension.
Intraoperative placement of PAR prosthesis4
Specific technique for PAR prosthesis by Menendez et al.4
- Space posterior to prosthesis packed with gelfoam
- Spaces between prosthesis and ilium packed with polymethylmethacrylate
- Femoral component implanted as in total hip replacement
- Components assembled and trialed, modular components may be needed to maintain optimal length and stability
Modular intermediate component.