Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Musculoskeletal imaging concentrates on the skeleton, ligaments, muscles and joints. In addition to using CT, MRI, ultrasound and x-ray, our subspecialized team offers:
- CT-Guided Bone Biopsy
- CT-Guided Soft-Tissue Biopsy
- Joint Injections / Aspirations (Sacro-Iliac Injections)
- Pain Treatment and Therapy Program
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Radiofrequency Ablation (for bone tumors)
- Spine Survey (MRI) for Anklosing Spondylitis
- Viscosupplementation (for osteoarthritis)
Our Musculoskeletal Imaging team is under the direction of Thomas J. Learch, MD. He leads a team of physicians, nurses and technologists who specialize in musculoskeletal imaging. Dr. Learch, Joseph C. Giaconi, MD and Joseph L. Robinson, MD are all fellowship trained in musculoskeletal imaging.
The Musculoskeletal team: Joseph C. Giaconi,MD, Thomas J.
Learch, MD and Joseph L. Robinson, MD
In the News / Recent Journal Articles
Thermal Albation of Osteoid Osteoma: Overview and Step-by-Step Guide in RadioGraphics.
"A Review of Conventional Radiography, CT, and MRI Findings in Ankylosing Spondylitis"
Musculoskeletal Case Studies
- CT of the hands (August, 2009)
13-year-old with disfiguring lesions of the hands.
- X-ray of the foot (March, 2009)
- MRI of the hip (February, 2009)
Right hip pain.
- MRI of the hip (December, 2008)
One month of right hip pain, without a history of trauma.
- MRI of the foot (November, 2008)
Enlarged painful second toe.
- X-ray of the shoulder (August, 2008)
Persistent left shoulder pain, over 6 months.
- MR of the knee (April 2008)
- MRI of the femur (August 2007)
11 year-old-girl presents with 2 weeks of right hip pain.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.