Nuclear Cardiology Preparation
A written order from your physician is needed for this study.
Exercise/Pharmacologic Myocardial Perfusion Study (exam time: PET 2-3 hours; SPECT 3-4 hours)
- Do not eat or drink caffeine products (chocolate, soda, tea, coffee or Excedrin®) for 24 hours before exam. Note: Decaffeinated products contain caffeine.
- Do not eat or drink for 3 hours before your appointment.
- Drinking water is okay.
- Consult your physician about going off beta blockers for 48 hours and calcium channel blockers 24 hours before your exam.
- Bring all your medications or a list of them with doses.
- For SPECT exams, wear a comfortable 2-piece outfit and walking shoes.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.