This section is designed to help patients and families better understand the condition and treatment, so they can make more informed decisions and participate fully in their recovery.
The links below provide information regarding the specific programs and treatments offered at the Women's Guild Lung Institute. If you are scheduled for surgery, you will find out what to expect and what you will be expected to do before, during and after surgery. You will find out how to reach local and national groups that can provide needed support.
Of course, if there is anything you need to know that has not been answered, please do not hesitate to ask any of us at the Women's Guild Lung Institute.
- Lung cancer
- Lung transplantation
- Lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
- Minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer - (VATS)
- Esophagectomy (open and minimally invasive)
- Minimally invasive thoracoscopic sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis ("sweaty palm")
Additional Cedars-Sinai Resources
- Angel Flight America (free air transport for those in need)
- Corporate Angel Network (free air transport for cancer patients)