Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurosurgery offered interactive talks on the most recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of adult brain tumors. If you did not get to attend the conference, you may download the presentations below and learn why Cedars-Sinai is one of the top centers for brain tumor treatment.
- Introduction, Keith L. Black, MD, Chairman and Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Musical Interlude, "Wind Beneath My Wings," by Lydia Mouton
Morning Session: Brain Tumors and New Treatment Options
- Brain Tumor 101 (PDF, 72KB) - Keith L. Black, MD, Chairman and Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Role of Radiation Therapy (PDF 1.3MB) - Howard Sandler, MD, Chair, Radiation Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Outpatient Cancer Center
- Chemotherapy Treatments (PDF, 8.1 MB) - Jeremy Rudnick, MD, Neuro-oncologist, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- "The Cancer Walk, A Patient's Perspective," by Reverend Scott Erdman was a talk without a PowerPoint presentation.
- What's New and Promising? Development of Effective Treatments for Malignant Brain Tumors (PDF, 10.9MB) - Keith L. Black, MD
- Cancer Vaccines (PDF, 10.3MB) - Chris Wheeler, PhD, Principal Investigator, Immunology Program, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine as a Support System for Brain Tumor Treatment (PDF, 65MB) - Lucy Postolov, LAc, Private Attending, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Breakout Session A: Psychosocial and Support Systems
- Visualization Techniques for Wellness (PDF, 10.8MB) - Veronica Porche, PsyD, Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellow, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- "Resuming Life after a Brain Tumor" by Eddie Cleland and "Healing Through Creativity Workshop" by Richard Harvey were interactive talks without PowerPoint presentations.
Breakout Session B: Clinical Trials, Metastatic Tumors, Seizures and Gliomas
- Latest Brain Tumor Clinical Trials (PDF, 30.2MB) - Surasak Phuphanich, MD, FAAN, Director, Neuro-Oncology Program, Department of Neurosurgery and Division of Neurology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Contemporary Management of Brain Metastases (PDF, 91.4 MB) - Ray Chu, MD, Attending Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Low Grade and High Grade Gliomas: Contemporary Management (PDF, 78.6 MB) - Ray Chu, MD
Breakout Session C: Brain Tumors and the Eye, Gamma Knife and Skull Base Tumors
- Brain Tumors and the Eye (PDF, 84.8 MB) - Swaraj Bose, MD, Cedars-Sinai Brain Tumor Center and Director, Neuro-opthalmology and Orbital Surgery, University of California, Irvine
- An Introduction to GAMMA Knife Radiosurgery (PDF, 30.4 MB) - Amin J. Mirhadi, MD, Radiation Oncologist, Cedars-Sinai Outpatient Cancer Center at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute
- Comprehensive Management of Vestibular Schwannoma (PDF, 3.1MB) - Rick Friedman, MD, PhD, Department of Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Breakout Session D: Consultant's Corner
- Attendees had the opportunity to sign up for an Educational Scan Review (second opinion) with Cedars-Sinai physicians: Surasak Phuphanich, MD, FAAN,Jeremy Rudnick, MD and Amin J. Mirhadi, MD.
For an appointment, a second opinion or more information, please call 1-800-CEDARS-1 (1-800-233-2771) or email us at email@example.com.