Community Outreach and Information Services
Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services is strongly involved in the Los Angeles community. We outreach to engage and educate the community on issues related to end-of-life issues and challenges. Requests for information can be tailored to the educational needs of any group meeting. Here are some examples:
- Speaker's Bureau. Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services has developed many presentations offered free to interested participants on subjects related to end-of-life issues. Experienced professional staff gives presentations to religious, social, civic and community organizations to educate their members on life-ending issues.
- Community forums. Local newspapers often note upcoming presentations held at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center dealing with end-of-life care.
- Presentations to the academic community. Members of Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services make regular presentations to Los Angeles area medical schools, nursing schools and schools of public health. The medical director of Palliative Care Services makes frequent presentations to medical interns and residents and speaks to area physicians on topics pertaining to end-of-life care.
- Health fairs. Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services regularly participates in health fairs throughout the Los Angeles area. Participation has included sharing information about caregiver support groups, Palliative Care Services, bereavement groups and advance directives. Also shared are links to services available within the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network Services.
- Presentations to schools and businesses. The staff of Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services makes regular presentations to area junior high schools and high schools to discuss death as a natural part of the life cycle. Additionally, presentations to employees are frequently requested by management of area businesses. Employee-specific presentations include addressing caregiving issues for family members and ways to comfort bereaved co-workers.
Should you have a need to schedule an upcoming presentation, or request information pertaining to end-of-life care, please call the clinical associate manager of Cedars-Sinai's Palliative Care Services at (310) 423-9520.