Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
About Pancreatic and Biliary Disease Surgery
Please refer to the instructions below to prepare for your either endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), PUSH enteroscopy, single (SBE) enteroscopy or double (DBE) enteroscopy. The instructions below implies to all four procedures. If you have questions, or need to schedule or cancel your appointment, please call 310-423-6082 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
To get ready to have this procedure, please follow the steps below:
- Four days before your procedure, stop taking any medications that have iron, aspirin, charcoal, blood thinners (such as Coumadin, Plavix or Persantine) or Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (such as Advil, Motrin, Nuprin or Ibuprofen, etc.)
- You may need to stay overnight at the hospital. Please pack an overnight bag and bring it with you.
- From midnight before your procedure until the procedure is over, you cannot have food or anything to drink - including water.
- Please bring a photo ID and your insurance card the day of the procedure.
- Dress comfortably and leave valuables at home.
- Plan to arrive at the hospital on time.
- If you park in Parking Structure 4 (on Sherbourne Drive), the Parking Lot east of the Steven Spielberg Building or the visitor parking lots in the North or South Towers (off of George Burns Road), we will validate parking. However, we cannot validate for the East or West Medical Office Tower. Click here for a map of Cedars-Sinai parking locations.
- Please check in to the Gastro-Intestinal (GI) Endoscopy Unit in Suite 7511, on the seventh floor of the South Tower of the Medical Center.
- You must arrange a ride to take you home after the procedure, since you will receive sedative medications and will not be allowed to drive yourself home. If you are planning to take a taxi service, a family member or friend must accompany you.