Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Pancreatic and Biliary Disease team was among the hospital’s esteemed programs to present clinical data during Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2012, May 19th -22nd, in San Diego, CA.
The conference is an influential platform to share the latest advances with colleagues in the international GI community. Sponsoring societies for this event include the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE).
Listed below are titles of the PB team’s contributions to the 2012 conference, including collaborations with physicians and researchers from outside institutions:
- An International, Multi-center Trial on needle-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (nCLE): Results from the In vivo CLE Study in the Pancreas with Endosonography of Cystic Tumors (INSPECT)
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy (DBE) Should Be a Mandatory Tool for Detecting Small Bowel Carcinoids
- Fluoroscopy-guided endobiliary biopsy (FGEB) is highly accurate in diagnosing malignant proximal biliary strictures
- Is a repeated double balloon endoscopy through the same direction useful in patients with recurrent obscure gastrointestinal bleeding?
- Safety Profile of needle-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (nCLE) during EUS-FNA Procedures of the Pancreatic Cystic Lesions
- Initial Experience with the Efficacy of Touch Prep in Endoscopic Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Biopsy (EUS-FNB) Using Echotip Procore Needle
- High Completion Rates in Double Balloon Enteroscopy (DBE) Are Possible in a North American Patient Population
- Characteristics of Small Bowel Submucosal Tumors Diagnosed by Double Balloon Enteroscopy (DBE)
- Video Capsule Endoscopy Improves Clinical and Growth Outcomes in Pediatric IBD Patients
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in Patients with Altered Anatomy: Does Scope Choice and Experience Matter?
- Comparison Between Wire-guided Needle-knife and Cystotome With Balloon Dilation for Fistula Creation During EUS-Guided Transmural Biliary Drainage in Patients With Unresectable Malignant Distal Biliary Obstruction
- The Twelve-Hour Battery Given Wireless Pillcam SB2EX Improves Overall Cecal Intubation Rate and Increases the Positive Yield.
- EUS - Guided Choledochoduodenostomy Versus Surgical Drainage in Patients With Unresectable Distal Malignant Biliary Obstruction: a Randomized Prospective Trial
- Capsule Findings: Fact or Artifact?: (Developing an approach to interpret findings on video capsule endoscopy to improve accuracy by case-based illustrations)
- Combined Otolaryngologic and Endoscopic Treatment of a Benign Esophageal Obstruction