Pancreatic and Biliary Disease News
Below are new releases and up-to-date information relating to pancreatic and biliary disease, promising research studies and the Pancreatic and Biliary Disease Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Patients joined PB physicians and staff in mid-May for an educational meeting entitled, “ESCAPE - Education, Support and Care for Pancreatic Diseases.” This quarterly event is designed to educate patients with pancreatic disease as well as family members and friends. The next meetings are scheduled for August 25th 2012, and November 17th 2012.
- The Pancreatic and Biliary Disease research team presents current endoscopic findings during Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2012, May 19th -22nd, in San Diego, CA.
- Cedars-Sinai 12th Annual Educational Meeting in Gastroenterology was held on March 9-10, 2012. Co-directed by Laith H. Jamil, M.D., the latest advances in gastroenterology were presented by a team of national experts, highlighting the multidisciplinary management of GI disorders.
- Cedars-Sinai welcomed world-class gastroenterologists, endoscopists, and surgeons to the 19th Annual International Symposium on Pancreatic and Biliary Endoscopy, January 27th -29th, 2012. Under the direction of Simon K. Lo, MD, this teaching conference partnered with major endoscopy centers in North and South America, and Europe. Next year’s intensive course is scheduled for January 25th – 27th, 2013
- The Center for Digestive Diseases at Cedars-Sinai named 11th in U.S. News and World Report Rankings for Best Hospitals.