At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, pituitary disorders are treated with a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach that integrates medical, surgical, imaging, pathology and research expertise in one center. As a result, patients at the Cedars-Sinai Pituitary Center receive highly individualized treatment.
By pairing endocrinologists and neurosurgeons, this enables a holistic approach to diagnosing and treating pituitary tumors and other disorders. Patients receive the full continuum of care, from medical treatment to surgical expertise when necessary.
- An Endocrine Diagnostic Testing Unit
- Neuroradiology, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and single positron emission computer tomography (SPECT) imaging
- Neurosurgery through the Department of Neurosurgery. This gives patients access to leading edge skull base surgery techniques and technologies, including minimally invasive, endcoscopic tumor removal procedures.
- Patient support groups staffed by a psychologist
Comprehensive Treatment Options
With a strong foundation in research, the Cedars-Sinai Pituitary Center offers the most advanced treatment options, including:
- Novel therapies for pituitary tumors
- Growth hormone replacement for adults, and
- Pituitary function testing
Cedars-Sinai does many clinical trials investigating the safety and usefulness of new tests and medications for pituitary disorders. As a result, patients have a wide range of access to proven treatments resulting from this research. The center has several large research grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), as well as an NIH training grant.
In the 2012-13 U. S. News & World Report Best Hospitals issue, Cedars-Sinai once again ranked among America's best in Diabetes and Endocrinology, as well as Neurology and Neurosurgery.