Anjali Jain, PhD
Research Scientist, Hematology/Oncology
|Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute|
|Assistant Professor, Medicine|
Response and resistance mechanisms of therapeutics targeting kinase signaling pathways in solid tumors utilizing prostate cancers as model systems. Molecular biology of hormone refractory prostate cancer progression with a focus on discovery and development of novel therapeutics.
Discovery of EMP-1 as a biomarker of gefitinib resistance. Novel cross-talk mechanisms between EGFR and PPARg signaling networks.
Current investigations include:
Role of Epithelial to mesenchymal transitions in targeted therapy response. Monitoring therapeutic response with phosphoproteomics based signatures. Androgen receptor signaling.
- Laux I, Jain A, Singh S, Agus DB: Epidermal growth factor receptor dimerization status determines skin toxicity to HER-kinase targeted therapies. Br. J. Cancer, 94(1): 85-92, 2006
- Shazer RL, Jain A, Galkin AV, Cinman N, Nguyen KN, Natale RB, Gross M, Green L, Bender LI, Holden S, Kaplan L, Agus DB: Raloxifene, an oestrogen-receptor-beta-targeted therapy, inhibits androgen-independent prostate cancer growth: results from preclinical studies and a pilot phase II clinical trial. BJU Int., 97(4): 691-7, 2006
- Jain A, Tindell CA, Laux I, Hunter JB, Curran J, Galkin A, Afar DE, Aronson N, Shak S, Natale RB, Agus DB: Epithelial membrane protein-1 is a biomarker of gefitinib resistance. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 102(33): 11858-63, 2005
- Jain A, Agus DB: PPARgamma signaling: one size fits all?. Cell Cycle, 3(11): 1352-4, 2004
- Hedvat M, Jain A, Carson DA, Leoni LM, Huang G, Holden S, Lu D, Corr M, Fox W, Agus DB: Inhibition of HER-kinase activation prevents ERK-mediated degradation of PPARgamma. Cancer Cell, 5(6): 565-74, 2004
- Jain A, Lam A, Vivanco I, Carey MF, Reiter RE: Identification of an androgen-dependent enhancer within the prostate stem cell antigen gene. Mol. Endocrinol., 16(10): 2323-37, 2002