Charles Moon, MD
Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon, Orthopedics
Awards and Activities
|Western Orthopedic Association||2001|
|Orthopedic Trauma Association||2002|
|Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons||2008|
Clinical evaluation of orthopedic trauma and trauma reconstruction techniques and methods. In particular periarticular injuries including the hip and pelvis.
Current investigations include:
Ongoing evaluation of our experience with proximal humerus fractures. Evaluation of complication rate with open reduction of the posterior pelvic ring. Evaluation of open reduction of tibial shaft fractures. Prospective study of treatment modalities of sacral insufficiency fractures. Prospective evalution of forearm fracture treatment modalities.
- Wongworawat MD, Schnall SB, Holtom PD, Moon C, Schiller F: Negative pressure dressings as an alternative technique for the treatment of infected wounds. Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res., (414): 45-8, 2003
- Lee JA, Papadakis SA, Moon C, Zalavras CG: Tibial plateau fractures treated with the less invasive stabilisation system. International orthopaedics, 31(3): 415-8, 2006
- Moon CN, Merkle PF: A level one trauma center's experience with the posterior approach to the pelvis. Orthopedics, 25(2): 159-62, 2002
- Skaggs DL, Moon CN, Kay RM, Peterson HA: Dysplasia epiphysealis hemimelica of the acetabulum. A report of two cases. The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume, 82(3): 409-14, 2000
- Zionts LE, Moon CN: Olecranon apophysis fractures in children with osteogenesis imperfecta revisited. Journal of pediatric orthopedics, 22(6): 745-50, 2002