Ida Chen, PhD
Research Scientist, Genetics of Common Diseases
|Medical Genetics Research Institute|
Insulin resistance syndrome and associated metabolic and CVD risks.
Established the pathophysiology of insulin resistance and it's associated metabolic and CV risks.
Current investigations include:
To identify molecules contribute to inflammation, liver fibrosis and insulin resistance signaling.
- Abbasi F, Chen YD, Farin HM, Lamendola C, Reaven GM: Comparison of three treatment approaches to decreasing cardiovascular disease risk in nondiabetic insulin-resistant dyslipidemic subjects. Am. J. Cardiol., 102(1): 64-9, 2008
- Goodarzi MO, Xu N, Cui J, Guo X, Chen YI, Azziz R: Small glutamine-rich tetratricopeptide repeat-containing protein alpha (SGTA), a candidate gene for polycystic ovary syndrome. Hum. Reprod., 23(5): 1214-9, 2008
- Sheu WH, Chen YD, Yu CY, Guo X, Lee TC, Lee WJ, Chen YT, Rotter JI: C-reactive protein gene polymorphism 1009A>G is associated with serum CRP levels in Chinese men: a TCVGHAGE study. Clin. Chim. Acta, 382(1-2): 117-23, 2007
- Chiu YF, Chuang LM, Kao HY, Ho LT, Ting CT, Hung YJ, Chen YD, Donlon T, Curb JD, Quertermous T, Hsiung CA: Bivariate genome-wide scan for metabolic phenotypes in non-diabetic Chinese individuals from the Stanford, Asia and Pacific Program of Hypertension and Insulin Resistance Family Study. Diabetologia, 50(8): 1631-40, 2007
- Kangavari S, Oh YS, Zhou S, Youn HJ, Lee MY, Jung WS, Rho TH, Hong SJ, Kar S, Kerwin WF, Swerdlow CD, Gang ES, Gallik DM, Goodman JS, Chen YD, Chen PS: Radiofrequency catheter ablation and nerve growth factor concentration in humans. Heart rhythm : the official journal of the Heart Rhythm Society, 3(10): 1150-5, 2006
- Antoine HJ, Pall M, Trader BC, Chen YD, Azziz R, Goodarzi MO: Genetic variants in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma influence insulin resistance and testosterone levels in normal women, but not those with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil. Steril., 87(4): 862-9, 2006