Margareta Pisarska, MD
Director, Reproductive Endo/Infertility
|Associate Professor, OBGYN|
Awards and Activities
|Third Annual Cedars-Sinai Research Day Poster Award, ||2012|
|Endocrinology, features in www.MDLinx.com ||2011|
|Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) REAP Award||2006|
|ACOG-ORTHO Academic Training Fellowship||1997|
|Herbert S. Kupperman Award ||1996|
|Editor: ASRM News||Current|
|Medical Editor: BabyCenter.com (Johnson & Johnson) Infertility Division||Current|
|Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility||1996|
|American Society for Reproductive Medicine||1996|
|The Endocrine Society||2000|
|Society for Gynecologic Investigation||2005|
|American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology||2009|
|Los Angeles OB/Gyn Society ||2011|
|American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology||2011|
Investigating transcriptional regulation in the ovary. Interested in regulation of certain transcription factors and how they relate to follicle/egg development and premature loss and subsequent infertility. Currently looking at FOXL2, a transcription factor associated with premature ovarian failure.
In addition, conducting work on the genetics and outcomes of pregnancies conceived from couples with infertility including those conceived through in vitro fertilization.
Research has contributed to understanding ovarian physiology.
Current investigations include:
Transcriptional regulation in the ovary. Transcriptional regulation of follicle/egg development with premature loss and subsequent infertility. Forkhead family of transcription factors. Genetics and outcomes of pregnancies conceived from couples with infertility including those conceived through in vitro fertilization.
- Huang A, Adusumalli J, Patel S, Liem J, Williams J, Pisarska MD: Prevalence of chromosomal mosaicism in pregnancies from couples with infertility. Fertil. Steril., , 2008
- Kawamura K, Sudo S, Kumagai J, Pisarska M, Hsu SY, Bathgate R, Wade J, Hsueh AJ: Relaxin research in the postgenomic era. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci., 1041: 1-7, 2005
- Kawamura K, Kumagai J, Sudo S, Chun SY, Pisarska M, Morita H, Toppari J, Fu P, Wade JD, Bathgate RA, Hsueh AJ: Paracrine regulation of mammalian oocyte maturation and male germ cell survival. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 101(19): 7323-8, 2004
- Lee K, Pisarska MD, Ko JJ, Kang Y, Yoon S, Ryou SM, Cha KY, Bae J: Transcriptional factor FOXL2 interacts with DP103 and induces apoptosis. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 336(3): 876-81, 2005
- Luo CW, Pisarska MD, Hsueh AJ: Identification of a stanniocalcin paralog, stanniocalcin-2, in fish and the paracrine actions of stanniocalcin-2 in the mammalian ovary. Endocrinology, 146(1): 469-76, 2004
- Pisarska MD, Bae J, Klein C, Hsueh AJ: Forkhead l2 is expressed in the ovary and represses the promoter activity of the steroidogenic acute regulatory gene. Endocrinology, 145(7): 3424-33, 2004