Marla Dubinsky, MD
Director, Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
|Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute |
|Associate Professor, Pediatrics|
Awards and Activities
|Abe and Claire Levine Chair in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease||2009|
|Lenny and Corrine Sands Clinical Investigator Award||2007|
|Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America||2001|
|American College of Gastroenterolgy||2001|
|American Gastroenterology Association||2001|
|Chair, IBD Committee, NASPGHAN||2005 - 2007|
Genetic and immune translational research in the field of inflammatory bowel disease. The laboratory is studying the natural history of the disease and investigating predictors of disease course. The research uncovers predictors of rapid disease progression with the goal of preventing complications by altering treatment plans.
Research contributions have pioneered novel approaches to predicting disease course in children which impact treatments and disease outcome.
Current investigations include:
Serological immune markers in inflammatory bowel disease. Genetic associations with immune pathways. Prognostic information. Clinical and translational research.
- Dubinsky MC, Mei L, Friedman M, Dhere T, Haritunians T, Hakonarson H, Kim C, Glessner J, Targan SR, McGovern DP, Taylor KD, Rotter JI: Genome wide association (GWA) predictors of anti-TNFalpha therapeutic responsiveness in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm. Bowel Dis., , 2009
- Dubinsky M: What is the role of serological markers in IBD? Pediatric and adult data. Dig Dis, 27(3): 259-68, 2009
- Dubinsky MC, Kugathasan S, Mei L, Picornell Y, Nebel J, Wrobel I, Quiros A, Silber G, Wahbeh G, Katzir L, Vasiliauskas E, Bahar R, Otley A, Mack D, Evans J, Rosh J, Hemker MO, Leleiko N, Crandall W, Langton C, Landers C, Taylor KD, Targan SR, Rotter JI, Markowitz J, Hyams J, Western Regional Pediatric IBD Research Alliance, Pediatric IBD Collaborative Research Group, Wisconsin Pediatric IBD Alliance: Increased immune reactivity predicts aggressive complicating Crohn's disease in children. Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol., 6(10): 1105-11, 2008
- Dubinsky M: Special issues in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. World J. Gastroenterol., 14(3): 413-20, 2008
- Dubinsky MC: Clinical perspectives in Crohn's disease. Serologic and prognostic biomarkers: who, when, and how?. Reviews in gastroenterological disorders, 7 Suppl 2: S3-7, 2007
- Dubinsky MC, Wang D, Picornell Y, Wrobel I, Katzir L, Quiros A, Dutridge D, Wahbeh G, Silber G, Bahar R, Mengesha E, Targan SR, Taylor KD, Rotter JI, : IL-23 receptor (IL-23R) gene protects against pediatric Crohn's disease. Inflamm. Bowel Dis., 13(5): 511-5, 2007