Stanley Jordan, MD
Director, PD Nephrology
Director, Kidney Transplantation and Transplant Immunology
Awards and Activities
|National Kidney Foundation Gift of Life Award||2006|
|UCLA Alumni Association Medical Science Award||2006|
|American Society of Transplantation Established Clinical Investigator Award||2002|
|American Society of Transplantation||1986|
|American Society of Immunology||1988|
|American Society of Nephrology||2001|
Primary research efforts have been directed at developing desensitization protocols for highly-HLA sensitized patients. Strong research lab component that is directly supportive of clinical objectives. HLA-Immunogenetics Lab is a leader in the development of antibody detection technique and B-cell biology. The Transplant Immunology Laboratory is developing immune monitoring tests for T-cell and B-cell function as well as development of tests to monitor T-cell effectors directed at viral peptides. The Transplant Immunobiology Lab has developed several mouse models of sensitization and allograft rejection.
Development of new immunomodulatory therapies to improve transplant rates in highly-HLA sensitized patients. Development of novel assays to monitor levels of immune tolerance and rejection of solid organ allografts. The kidney transplant program is an international referral center for high immunological risk patients.
Current investigations include:
Immunologic monitoring of highly-HLA sensitized patients. Viral infections in immunosuppressed patients. Development of novel immunomodulatory regimens. Animal models of allograft rejection/tolerance. Animal models of antibody-mediated rejection.
- Wu GD, He Y, Chai NN, Toyoda M, Dunn R, Kehry MR, Klein AS, Jordan SC: Anti-CD20 antibody suppresses anti-HLA antibody formation in a HLA-A2 transgenic mouse model of sensitization. Transpl. Immunol., 19(3-4): 178-86, 2008
- Toyoda M, Moudgil A, Warady BA, Puliyanda DP, Jordan SC: Clinical significance of peripheral blood Epstein-Barr viral load monitoring using polymerase chain reaction in renal transplant recipients. Pediatric transplantation, , 2008
- Wechsler E, Yang T, Jordan SC, Vo A, Nast CC: Anti-glomerular basement membrane disease in an HIV-infected patient. Nature clinical practice. Nephrology, 4(3): 167-71, 2008
- Vo AA, Lukovsky M, Toyoda M, Wang J, Reinsmoen NL, Lai CH, Peng A, Villicana R, Jordan SC: Rituximab and intravenous immune globulin for desensitization during renal transplantation. N. Engl. J. Med., 359(3): 242-51, 2008
- Yang T, Nast CC, Vo A, Jordan SC: Rapid remission of steroid and mycophenolate mofetil (mmf)-resistant minimal change nephrotic syndrome after rituximab therapy. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant., 23(1): 377-80, 2007
- Vo AA, Wechsler EA, Wang J, Peng A, Toyoda M, Lukovsky M, Reinsmoen N, Jordan SC: Analysis of subcutaneous (SQ) alemtuzumab induction therapy in highly sensitized patients desensitized with IVIG and rituximab. Am. J. Transplant., 8(1): 144-9, 2007