- Dr. Damini Dey's manuscript, "Automated knowledge-based detection of nonobstructive and obstructive arterial lesions from coronary CT angiography" has been selected to be highlighted in the Editor's Picks column for Medical Physics (April 2013).
- Dr. Zhaoyang Fan was selected as an International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Junior Fellow (February 2013).
- Dr. Behzad Sharif was awarded the Early Career Award in Basic Science by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) for his work entitled "Eliminating Dark-Rim Artifacts in First-Pass Myocardial Perfusion Imaging." (February 2013)
- Dr. Behzad Sharif was awarded a 2013 Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Regional Scholarship (November 2012)
- Dr. Damini Dey was awarded a 2-year, $140,000 grant by the American Heart Association for her project entitled "Automated Non-invasive Measurements of Epicardial and Thoracic Fat". (May 2012)
- Dr. V Krishnan Ramanujan was awarded a 4-year, $720,000 grant by the American Cancer Society for his project entitled "Imaging Mitochondrial Dynamics for Early Detection of Breast Cancer In vivo". (April 2012)
- Avinash Kali (Dharmakumar Lab) has been awarded the Summa Cum Laude Merit Award for the 20th Annual ISMRM Meeting for his abstract entitled "Temporal Features of Edema in Acute Myocardial Infarction: T2 Maps vs T2-STIR". (April 2012)
- Dr. Debiao Li has been elected as Program Director of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Cardiac MR Study Group. (March 2012)
- Dr. Zhaoyang Fan (Li Lab) has been awarded the Magna Cum Laude Merit Award for the 20th Annual ISMRM Meeting for his abstract entitled “3D Variable-Flip-Angle TSE with Prospective Self-Gating of Swallowing Motion: Initial Experience in Carotid Artery Wall MRI”. (April 2012)
- Dr. Behzad Sharif (Li Lab) was awarded a 2-year, $75,000 American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship grant for his project entitled "Whole-heart Myocardial Perfusion MRI: Artifact-minimized Projection Imaging". The main aim of the project is to develop and validate a new MRI acquisition and reconstruction scheme that significantly improves the accuracy of cardiac perfusion imaging by eliminating the so-called dark-rim artifacts and improving the spatial resolution beyond the limit of the current methods. (July 2011)
- Dr. Zhaoyang Fan (Li Lab) was awarded a 2-year, $75,000 American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship grant for his project entitled "Non-Contrast MR Angiography of Peripheral Arteries: Improved Flow-Sensitive Dephasing-Prepared Balanced SSFP". The purpose of the project is to develop a non-contrast-enhanced MR angiography technique for peripheral arteries. (July 2011)
- Dr. Debiao Li has been elected President of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Medicine (May 2011)
2013 © Cedars-Sinai.
All Rights Reserved.
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization