Start of IRB and IACUC-approved projects usually require 1-2 weeks for project initiation at the Research Imaging Core, with longer start times required for more complex imaging protocols or workflows. For each new project, follow the steps below:
Consultation: The Investigator contacts the applicable Technical Director(s) to discuss the proposed project, protocol feasibility, and any special needs. If the study involves animal subjects, discussions with Comparative Medicine are initiated at this time.
IRB / IACUC Approval: If not yet submitted, the study is submitted to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for human studies, or the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) for animal studies. All imaging, including pilot studies, will only be performed under an approved IRB or IACUC protocol.
Application Form: The Investigator completes a RIC Project Application Form (requires Adobe Acrobat or Reader) and submits it by email to ImagingCore@csmc.edu. The application will be reviewed and the Investigator will be contacted if there are any concerns regarding the imaging protocol or feasibility.
- Safety Training: All study staff entering the RIC are required to undergo all mandatory safety training prior to starting the project.
Documentation: The following documents must be submitted to the Operations Manager prior to starting the project:
- IRB or IACUC approval letter
- For human studies: Approved informed consent form and HIPAA form
- For animal studies: Complete IACUC application form with all affiliate files
- Kick-off Meeting: Depending on the study, a brief kick-off meeting will be scheduled prior to the start of the study to review the finalized workflow with all related parties.