The current research focus of the Program includes:
- Investigations of the biophysical mechanisms enabling blood oxygen-sensitive contrast in cardiac MRI
- Development of fast imaging methods to detect and stage coronary artery disease;
- Development of magnetic resonance methods to understand, evaluate, and predict outcomes associated with ischemia-reperfusion injury;
- Utilization of interventional MRI methods for delivering therapeutic substrates (stem cells, growth factors, etc.) following myocardial infarctions; and
- Development of MR molecular imaging methods in the assessment of cardiovascular disease.
NIH/NHLBI and American Heart Association fund this Program.