Biomedical research is an integral component of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center’s mission. The Medical Center maintains the following goals for biomedical research programs:
• Sustain a program of outstanding biomedical research, health care services, and nursing research by fostering basic and clinical investigation in the prevention and causes of medical illnesses, their pathophysiologic mechanisms and diagnoses, and the development of cures for the ailments that afflict our society.
• Translate research discoveries appropriately to the clinical setting.
• Provide training opportunities in research in our professional teaching program.
• Foster the transition of biomedical discoveries to the realms of product development, patient care application, and marketing.
• Provide cross-fertilization and interdependent synergy between the Medical Center and the biotechnology industry.
• Protect the rights of human and animal subjects.