Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Haiyen Zhau, PhD
Research Scientist, Hematology/Oncology
Establishing and characterizing the plasticity of human bone metastatic prostate cancer cell lines and models.
Searching for and validating cancer progression biomarkers that predict the lethality of human prostate cancer.
Established the first and the only human prostate cancer epithelial to mesenchymal transition model that closely mimics clinical prostate cancer.
Published the first paper on racial disparity in human prostate cancers and the developmental aspects of sonic hedgehog in the human prostate gland.
Developed a high throughput system to assess gene expression and cell signaling networks in cancer cells by the use of multiplex quantum dot-based labeling technology.
Current investigations include:
Establish and validate cell signaling network in human cancers using a multispectral quantum dot labeling technique.
Correlate RANKL-RANK signaling at the single cell level for predicting human prostate cancer lethal progression.
Identify biomarkers that can be used more efficiently for the isolation of circulating tumor cells from clinical specimens.
Analyze potential biomarkers that correlate with drug resistance.
- Zhau HE, Zhao LS, Chung LW, Chen BQ, Troncoso P, Kao C, Kojima M, Fraser Symmans W, Zheng N, Palmer JL, Moul JW, Davis R, Ye MF, Xiao LS, Craig Hall M: Comparative studies of prostate cancers among United States, Chinese, and Japanese patients: characterization of histopathology, tumor angiogenesis, neuroendocrine factors, and p53 protein accumulations. Urol. Oncol., 1(2): 51-63
- Zhau HY, Chang SM, Chen BQ, Wang Y, Zhang H, Kao C, Sang QA, Pathak SJ, Chung LW: Androgen-repressed phenotype in human prostate cancer. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 93(26): 15152-7, 1996
- Zhau HE, Odero-Marah V, Lue HW, Nomura T, Wang R, Chu G, Liu ZR, Zhou BP, Huang WC, Chung LW: Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human prostate cancer: lessons learned from ARCaP model. Clin. Exp. Metastasis, 25(6): 601-10, 2008
- Zhau HE, He H, Wang CY, Zayzafoon M, Morrissey C, Vessella RL, Marshall FF, Chung LW, Wang R: Human prostate cancer harbors the stem cell properties of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Clin. Cancer Res., 17(8): 2159-69, 2011
- Lue HW, Yang X, Wang R, Qian W, Xu RZ, Lyles R, Osunkoya AO, Zhou BP, Vessella RL, Zayzafoon M, Liu ZR, Zhau HE, Chung LW: LIV-1 promotes prostate cancer epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and metastasis through HB-EGF shedding and EGFR-mediated ERK signaling. PLoS ONE, 6(11): e27720, 2011
- Hu P, Chu GC, Zhu G, Yang H, Luthringer D, Prins G, Habib F, Wang Y, Wang R, Chung LW, Zhau HE: Multiplexed quantum dot labeling of activated c-Met signaling in castration-resistant human prostate cancer. PLoS ONE, 6(12): e28670, 2011